Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Grandparents Poulsen

Tonight I had dinner at Grandpa and Grandma Poulsen's house.  I didn't actually get dinner.  Mamasita did.  I put my hands in her rice.  That's as close as I got to the food.  But it smelled in-CREDIBLE!  I love it there.  Me and my mommy go once a week rain or shine.  Or snow.  It's pretty cool at their house.  I always get to be the center of attention.  Wait.  I'm the center of attention pretty much wherever I go.  But it just feels good to have all those baby-love-vibes floating around.  And their house has awesome vibes.
They have The Big Black Dog.  Him's name is Thor.  Him's big but I'm not a-scared of him.  I'm a brave boy.  Him comes in and out of the house and everytime him comes in- him gives me a once over. A lot of sniffing.  Sometimes some slobber. And then a big wet kiss!  Him and I have a lot in common.  That's my routine when I meet people too. 
Gramps cooks the dinner.  (and the dessert...mom's favorite part.)  He's a funny cook.  He dances around and plays fun songs and waves his hands in the air.  Is that what I'm supposed to be doing?  It cracks me up.  When I get bored he carries me over to The Fridge.  It's fascinating.  There's so much... information... to... take in.  I can stare at it for minutes on end.  And he'll patiently hold me there until I'm through.  It's a lux life.  My favorite thing is he calls me "Babou."  I like being his Babou.  Grandpa can always calm me down.  I feel real safe with him.
Grandma Sheri got a video camera for Christmas so guess who got to star in a full length feature film? ME!  I can see it now- Coming to theaters this January KOLER SCHMOLER-Part I.  I'm going to be big.  And you thought I couldn't grow anymore.  Pishaw.  Grandma Sheri makes me feel real special.  She is always mugging on me and kissing my cheeks.  And she wonders why they get chapped.  My lands.  She's good at encouraging me to try new things.  Tonight we banged our hands on the counter top for a SOLID five minutes.  It was a hoot.  A hoot I tell ya. 
I like it when we go there.  I'm just so relaxed.  It's like a mini-vacation.  I think my mom feels that way too. 

3 comments:

  1. You have such good grandparents, Koley. I can tell you've been pretty interested in mommy food. You wanted some of her Coke yesterday so badly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kole, I can't picture your Grandpa dancing and singing. He's a reserved man the few times I've been around him. You must bring out the best in him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kole! Sometimes when my mom opens the fridge, I scurry over and touch every thing. There is a lot of information in there. Wow. It's all pretty tasty too. Let's do lunch soon! Love you.

    --Gweta Mawcum

    ReplyDelete