Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Dear Old D-A-D.

I know you other babies out there think you have a "great dad."  I bet you have lots of "fun" and he makes you "laugh" and he's "nice." But your dad ain't got nothing on my dear old D-A-D.  (Yup!  5 months old and I can spell Dad.  I can publish a whole blog... I better be able to spell dad!)
I love spending time with my pops.  He does things mom never does!  Like hang me upside down, bite my ears, hold me by my ankles, swing me in circles, and go fast in the stroller.  He makes mom look- dare I say-  boring.  (No offense, Mom.)  He sometimes lets me watch Planet Earth with him.  Mom doesn't like me watching TV... she says there's "better things to do with your time."  But, sometimes I just want to veg.  All this rolling over and cuddling and drooling and playing wears a kid out! 
Dad is really great at calming me down and helping me relax.  Which is just what I need after some of these days I've been having.  He's got the perfect shoulder for snuggling.  I mean perfect.  It's broad and firm.  And I know he purposely sits where I'll have a good view of outside. He'll rub my back for as long as it takes for me to fall asleep.  Mom just puts me in the crib and deserts me! But, Dad.  Dad knows how to do it right.  I'm a snuggler, what can I say. 
I also my Daddio reading to me.  He picks real good manly books.  He goes for the variety and he'll read me ones about a steamroller or dinosaurs or a Lorax.  None of this Sally Makes a Friend bologna mom serves up.  Dad will sit in our chair in my room and read 6 or 7 books and let me play with all the pages.  He doesn't care if they get wrinkled. 
When dad gives me a bath I sometimes squawk because he really gets me clean.  I gotta get one good GOOD scrub down a week.  I like getting in and soaking... and Dad gets down to bizniz.  He's always telling me my belly button is where the Indians shot me.  What a clown he is. 
After bath he likes to play for a little while longer.  (Another lesson mom ought to pick up on.)   I think that's real special that he doesn't put me to bed right away.  I love playing peek-a-boo with him.  Who named that game?  I don't get the title.  But, oh!, I love playing peek-a-boo with him.  He covers my face with a blanket and pulls it off reeeeeeeaaaaaaal slow.  And yells PEEK-A-BOO!  I can't stop smiling!  I love it!  I want him to do it over and over again.  So he does.  Sometimes I pull the blanket off myself.  I like that too.
I like when he hauls me around over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.  Giggles galore.  I like when he shoots me up over his head and calls me "Super Koler." 
He's freakin' awesome.


1 comment:

  1. Like I said before, Kole, you are sooo brave! And I can't believe you can already pull the blanket off your face!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete