Thursday, December 9, 2010

Profiling

Maybe I'm just too young to understand this but hear me out.  People say "Don't judge a book by it's cover."  I've got tons of books and my mom judges them by their covers all the time.  She'll look for one with  bright, vivid colors that I'll like.  So on that very basic level I understand.  But something is telling me this phrase is deeper.  I think it relates to people.  And how some people label or judge other people.. by their "covers."  Whoa.  I'm deep for 4 months old.  I know.  And may I say- that I often get judged by my cover.  People take one look at me and say, "Oh he's a big baby!"  Or occasionally, "What a chubber!"  And sometimes, "Oh he must weigh a ton!  Just look at those cheeks!"

 I am rotund.  This I know.  This I love.  This I am proud of. 

But peeps.  There is more to me than a bulldog face, saddle bags, and kankles.  I am a human being.  With many magnificent (and often overlooked) qualities.  So for those of you who haven't yet given me the second glance, who have simply labeled me as "Chubby"  I present myself to you.
I have a dimple on my left cheek that really comes out when you pretend to bite my chin.
I love being talked to in a really sugary, high voice.  My mom doesn't do that enough slash at all.
I throw up if I sit in my Bumbo for more than 3 or 4 minutes.
I like to wake up slow.  No games.  No tickling.  Just snuggles and whispers for a good 15 minutes.
My favorite songs are Jingle Bells and The Steelers Super Bowl Song.
I like my dad to hang me upside down. My mom doesn't do it good because she's too careful and slow.
I am sensitive.  Meaning I have a keen sense of when I am being mocked or made fun of and I will cry.
I am very attached to my mother.  I like to have her in my sights at all times.
I take 4 naps a day.  And that's on average.  I'm a good sleeper.  And I enjoy sleep.
I am a happy baby.

So, yes, I am chubby.  I'm beautifully big.  But I am also dynamic.  I have layers. There is lots of me to love both physically and personally or emothionally.  Feel free to indulge me both ways.


2 comments:

  1. So true. There's much, much more to you than chub. Look at how high you hold your head during tummy time! That is AMAZING. And I think it's cool that you like to hang upside-down. You are very brave. And soooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kole! You suwe can hold youw head up high. Soon you willw be standing like me, but don't worrwe, I will help you and maybe youw mom will too. I lub you! And I sometimes throw up too and I lub the song JINGLE BELLS!

    -GWETA MAWCUM

    ReplyDelete