Friday, January 14, 2011

New Found Love

With the recent alignment of the stars my mom finally gave into my pleas to eat real food like a big boy.  No more of relying on her for meals.  I'm ready to be an independent!  I've watched mumsy and popsicle eat meal after mouth watering meal and they never offered one bite.  Not one!  They just stuffed their faces with pizza, enchiladas, alfredo, turkey!  Da nerve!
Today I was itching for some food and mom put me in this chair. I could sit up really easy- that alone thrilled me.  Then mom gave me this toy that was kinda hard and skinny.  It was pretty round.  It was bright green and on the end there was a big scoop.  I took it and looked at mom.  She had one too!  Hers was blue.  Was this a game?  Mom sure looked jazzed about something!  She used her toy and dipped it in this yellowish goop.  And then aimed it at my mouth.  I, without thinking, opened my mouth.  It was instinct.  I closed my mouth.  Hmmm... soft.... cool....  What is this stuff?  I opened my mouth timidly again.  Mmmm!  Sweet... Delicious!  I opened my mouth and leaned forward. More! More! More!  I thought, "I think I am eating."  I was eating!  Real food!  Like an adult!  Mom told me it was Applesauce. 
Oh Applesauce how I love thee!  How I dream of thee!  How thou soothes my hunger.  Thou art heavenly, Applesauce.
I ate until I couldn't eat another bite.  It was glorious. 
It was everywhere.  On my clothes, in my hair, under my chin, on the floor, on the chair, on mom, on the wash rag, on the table, in my ear, on my hands, inside my shirt.  Dad is going to love this!  He loves sticky things.
Mom got a clean, warm rag and wiped me down.  She changed my clothes and then...


I slept.  I slept for 3 hours with visions of  Applesauce dancing in my head.

2 comments:

  1. Kolwer, I lub applesauce too! You are gwowing so fast, I do think that maybe you wiwll catch up to me! Yeesh. Today, I had marawoni and cheese--you will lub that too. mmmmm

    Lub-Gweta Mawcum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for applesauce! Gage's mommy is being mean and feeding him green beans. He's not a huge fan. But rice cereal - aw yeah. He can eat that until the fat lady sings.

    ReplyDelete