Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home Grown

Lately I've been having a growth spurt.  Mom says she's okay if I don't have one for awhile because her back hurts (We've heard enough of that broken record). My body grows.  Can I help that?  No. Things just don't feel the same as they used to or else I don't fit in them the way I used to.  For example:
Quit staring at my man boobies.

My tubby.  I love bath time (after Aunty Kris taught my mom about temperature control).  I'm not a splasher, I'm a soaker.  I like the luxury of a bath.  The relaxation.  But this last week or so my little blue tub would overflow when I would sit in it.  And it even started creaking a little.  Not great for my self esteem.  Dad finally told my mom it was time to put me in the big tub.  They settled on the kitchen sink.  I love it.  It's pretty slippy, but I'm digging it.  It's like a personal hot tub.  Turn on the jets, mom!  Bring in some bikini girls too!  Throw a couple burgers on the grill for me, why don't cha.


Do they make this is King Kole size?

My cribber.  Recently, I have enjoyed trying different positions to sleep in.  At night, mom tucks me in really tight so I stay put. And most of the time I am too sleepy to squirm all around.  But for naps I like to be creative.  Try new things.  Expand my horizon.  When I was younger, this was easy.  I had all the space in the world- but no strength to get there.  Now, that I can get to where I want to be.... I don't fit all that well.  If I lay vertically my wings can touch both sides and I like to grasp the sides.  If I lay horizontally....I'm a little cramped.



Can you picture me and my fine behind on the beaches of Brazil?
My didies.  I've been a size three since I was about 2 months old.  I skipped Newborns, wore Ones for like a week and went right to 2s.  Then I went up to 3s and there I have happily stayed.  Until this last week when mom kept putting me in these teeny tiny diapers.  I mean SMALL!  I was getting little cuff marks on my thighs.  She would apologize and explain that there was still half a box left.  What does THAT mean?  Why do I care?  Get me some relief.  Since she didn't seem to understand the way I was communicating... I tried a different tactic.  Peeing.  Peeing as hard and as long as I could.  I knew if I could really saturate my diaper I could get it to leak.  It worked like a charm.  For three nights I peed through my diaper, onesie, jammies, and sheets!  Hahaha!  That'll show you mom!  She caved and her and dad got me my new glorious 4s.  I finally have some breathing room.

I'm not as bald as the camera makes me look.  I swear.
Bottles.  My mom has started me on the most fantastic foods.  I love pears and sweet potatoes and carrots and bananas and apples and even the rice cereal.  So good.  I don't love.... the peaches.  I spit them out on mom's face.  Oh, it's classic.  A real laugh.  Mom had tried giving me a bottle with some water in it.. what am I?  A rookie?  An amateur?  C'mon- I'm eating big kid food give me a big kid cup!  A sippy, please.  I love my sippy.  I can hold it and tilt it and throw it.  Sometimes I can even get some water to come out!  I think it makes me look distinguished and mature.  Don't tell...but I still would take a bottle of milk....I liked being spoiled sometimes a lot!

 So-that's proof- I'm growing.  Mom says (all teary) that that's exactly what little boys are supposed to do.

7 comments:

  1. Patty your (Kole's) comments are hilarious! So creative and I really enjoyed reading this. Sounds like you and your family are doing well. I miss you and your sisters!!

    Dana Steffan (Russin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these posts. I just started reading them a couple days ago and they really make me smile. Kole is such a smart boy to start a journal so young in life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, BEST lines in the blog that had my office mates looking over at my desk like 'uh...what are you cracking up about'....

    1. "Turn on the jets, mom! Bring in some bikini girls too! Throw a couple burgers on the grill for me, why don't cha."
    2. "Quit staring at my man boobies"
    3. The picture of him in "the cribber"!
    4. "My didies"

    This was hilarious, great writing. Wish I could have seen you and Kole last night, love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha! Oh this is rich! My favorite was Andi's number one, tooo! Ahh, okay gonna read it again now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come we don't look cute on the beach with rolls on our thighs? He is a doll and babies can get away with it! It is cute when they are little! I love this blog! THis is a terrific journal for him! Want to come up sometime soon? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kole, you are getting so tall! And big! A sippy? And you're holding it yourself? Hold on, you're growing up too dang fast!

    ReplyDelete