Thursday, January 6, 2011

Is it a Toothie?

I'm a growing cubber.  Everyday I discover something new about myself.  I just found out I had feet!  Feet, the toy that goes wherever I do.  I discover different parts of my voice, new sounds I can make banging my hands,  new ways to move my body, ways to carry things, more productive ways to make a boom boom in my diaper (hold your breath and grunt.... that's the trick), things that make me laugh... I take in a lot every day.  I pride myself on my observance.  Since I'm so new on this planet... sometimes things happen to me and I don't know what it is.  I can't tell my mom because I don't know what it is myself.  This week something is going on in my body.  I'm not sure what it is.  Can you help me?

  1. I bite everything.  Toys, blankets, towels, clothes, wash rags, even the boob that feeds me.  But I will NOT take a teething ring.  It is cold and tastes freezer burn.
  2. I'm the slobber king.  Don't let that be a turn off (or hint) for you... I'm also the Snuggle King!
  3. I am taking a sabbatical from my naps.  I don't deem them necessary at this stage in my life.  (Mom made me promise I would tell you that I did sleep all night last night and that she was very proud of me for doing so.)
  4. I don't like when mom touches my gums.  It's my mouth- hands out.  I don't put my hands in your mouth.... oh wait.... yes I do.  Still!  Don't go putting your hands in MY mouth.
  5. I'm not cranky ALL day... but I confess I've had my moments recently. 
  6. I'll be six months old next week.
  7. I have a rash on my chin...and cheeks. Keep in mind I am a prolific drooler and I have lots of Bubbas that give me kisses.
  8. I'm perfectly happy when my dad is home.
  9. I don't think my moms milk is all that great.  I can take a few sips and then.... be done.  What's the big deal... it's only milk and it's always there.  I can take it or leave it.  Mom says this is a DRASTIC change  (huge emphasis on drastic... wave your hands and everything) Apparently I used to be quite the snorting little piggy.
Whaddaya think.  I can reason my way OUT of teething.  Other babies have told me it's rather awful.  But I know it's going to come one day.  Maybe I'm just going through a phase.  That's what my mom says when she has NO idea what's going on.  "It's just a phase."  Bless her tender, naive heart.  Teething, growing, phasing I'm still a happy baby.  I still laugh a lot.  I still like to snuggle and cuddle and be read to.  To tell you the truth I kinda want a toothie.  Then I can be like the big kids.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, yes, yes. Rash, check. Slobbering, check. Anti-sleep, check. Tell your mommy to do one, two, or three of all of the following - baby Tylenol, orajel, and teething tablets. Auntie Kar had to do all three with Big Boy Dylan when he was a bubba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koler, me too me too. You have such a good attitude about it. My mom took me to the doctor yesterday because she thought I had an ear infection. Yeeesh mom, how many times do I have to tell you, I am just getting my teeths in. Right now, I have five and I am about to get two more. I really really don't like it for maybe three days. I never want to sleep or nurse or NOTHIN! But once I have a little Tylenol (I love that grape stuff) and some frozen blueberries or ice cube in my mesh feeder--I get to feelin better. Hang in there cuz. You'll be a big kid in no time!

    Lub you!
    Gweta

    ReplyDelete