Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Mom Was Holding Out on Me BIG TIME!

Turning one has opened my eyes to a few things that my mom has been withholding from me. 
Wonderful, marvelous things.
Things that I really love and enjoy and want as a part of my daily life.
I can't figure out why in sam hill I haven't had these before!
The first is:

CAKE!
Um...Yum? It's soft and ooeygooey and chocolatey and sweet and I had one just for me!  I took my time at first.  You see, sometimes mom puts things on my tray that aren't so hot-so (vegetables) and expects me to just scarf them down with a smile.  I've learned to sample.  But lemme tell you, I only needed a small sampling of the cake to know it was my kinda deal.  Love it love it love it.  I've been looking around the house for more of this cake stuff but I haven't found any.
The second thing mom has been holding out on is:

KIDS!
I had a couple of kids come to my big birthday bash and I was enthralled.  Mesmerized.  In love.  I laughed so hard!  I don't know why I don't have any of these kids at my house?  Where is my mom keeping them?  Is she hiding them somewhere?  I mean I made it clear as day I enjoyed playing with kids!  I mean, mom is "fun" and "nice"  and I give her big points for trying as hard as she does... but she's a mom.  And moms just aren't as cool as other kiddo-ma-griddo-me-diddo heads.  Colton especially had me going.  That Colton. *shakes head and slaps kneee* He cracks me up.  Sigh.  So- Mom?  If you are reading this?  Line up a couple play dates for me will ya?  Come on.  Get on the horn, babe.

The last thing (I can think of) that mom has only recently shared with me is:

POPSICLES. 
They feel oh so good on my teeth and come in oh so many flavors.  I would gladly opt for popsicles over any mushed carrots or sweet potatoes or even toast (my new fave).  Soon I'll be able to hold my own stick and there will be no stopping me then.

I am sure my mom has good reasons for holding out on me.
I just can't think of any. 
Besides she wanted more for herself.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha kole was slappin his knee and shakin his head, I totally pictured it in my mind...I still wish I could have been therrrrrre for the party! I was there last summer for the birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Auntie An.... I wish you could have come too. You could have turned that party into a FIESTA! (There was 7 Layer Bean Dip in YOUR honor. You know because you live in Meh-hee-co.) You're a very special auntie anyway.
    Lovies to you!
    PEACE.
    Koley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anytime you need buddies to play with...call us! we would love to play!

    ReplyDelete