Tuesday, July 5, 2011

1st 4th

I had a kick butt Fourth of July.  Not only did the official countdown start to my first birthday (13 days!), my dad was home for a long time and boy did we par-tay! 

Saturday the old man and me tried my Puffer Fish pool again.  The air outside was hot.  So hot it was hard to breathe, my arm pits were sweaty, and I had a little baby BO.  But that water in that pool was below arctic level of freezing.  I was not getting in.  I got some good snuggles out of dad though.  And check out my swimming trunks! I called Hollister to see if they needed any late season swimsuit models. After seeing my portfolio... I've got a spot next year.
We also went to Rigby Lake on Saturday.  Whoa!  Talk about a lot of water and sand and rocks and the warm sun.  It was heaven!  I did a lot of cruisin' (not only for babes) and a bit of exploring and I ate a ton of sand.  The wet sand goes down a lot easier than the dry stuff.  The dry sand will kinda make you gag.  Oh, and don't be mad at me for not having any pictures, it was Mom who forgot the camera.
Sunday I observed the Sabbath like a good boy.
Monday I went and saw the parade.  My mom got all excited to take me and dressed me in red, white, and blue.  Love that patriotism.
I had some inhibitions about the parade.  The fire trucks and police cars and sirens and horns and loud noises scared the baby poop out of me. When I saw them coming I made sad, scared faces and snuggled into my dad.  See the proof below.
Sad face.

Scared face.

Dad snuggle.
I did enjoy the bag-pipers, the marching bands, the dancing girls (a LOT) and there was a dog.  So, I am willing to give it another whirl next year.
 I ended the day getting sno-cones with mom, dad, and the Grandparents Poulsen. There weren't any loud noises and since I am so cute I got to sample every one's sno-cones.  My favorite was may dad's, Mango!  Least favorite was mom's Hogwarts.  

All in all my fourth rocked.
Remember to take off work for my birthday!  We're going to party it up!  I'm thinking a dog parade and a sno-cone fountain.

2 comments: