Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm One!

Today was my BIRTHDAY!
ner ner ner ner NER ner ner!
I made it a GOOD ONE!
ner ner ner ner NER ner ner!
That's ME!  Ha ha ha!  Look!  I had socks on my HANDS!  That's silly.

This is me perfecting the "Poulsen Think Look"  I get from Grandpa Poulsen.




Okay.  That's all I know of that song.  Cut me some slack, I'm only one. 
I can't believe I'm a year old.  It's gone so fast. 
At least that's what my mom keeps saying- and if she says it than it has got to be true.
There are lots of things that I do now that I am one that I didn't do when I was, let's say, a "baby."
I had a fat bald stage that lasted about 11 and a half months.  I don't talk about it much.

For instance:
For both of my naps AND at bed time- I just laid down and went to bed.  No tears.  No whining.  I just faced the music, got comfy, and went to sleep.  I mean, I KNOW I'll feel better when I wake up and to level with you - I quite enjoy my little siestas.  And, as the mature toddler I am, I see no point in throwing fits over them.
There is also the fact that I am in size 5 didies starting today.  5 seems like a big round number.  And that's the size I need to cover my big round booty.
As a 1 year old I can successfully stand on my own.  I just pop up sometimes and look around with a big smile on my face.  Mom and Dad get a kick out of it.  Wait till I walk for them.  They'll go bezerk.
Also today,  I took my toast with jam.  That seemed very adult at the time and, indeed, still does.

It is good to be one.
It is good to be the King Kole.
And, Mom, I just want you to know that I will always be your baby and I will always love to snuggle and I will always want you to hold me and make me feel better.  Mmmkay?

Peace,
Koley
(I'm thinking of dropping the "-y" and just going to Kole.  That sounds more rugged.)

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahah I read the song at the beginning a couple times then started boppin' my head to sing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite the little man! happy birthday! WE wish we saw you more!

    ReplyDelete