Tuesday, March 8, 2011

An Eating Disorder

This morning I woke up and I simply did not want to eat.  Why this was such a foreign concept to my mother, I do not know.  She was acting like I eat around the clock.  Like I can't get up and just start my morning like a normal human being- reading the paper or something.  Like I HAVE to hit the old milk truck first thing.  Sheesh!  I'm not addicted you know.  She tried and tried to get me to nurse but take a hint mom, I wasn't hungry.  She couldn't take the suttle hints of arching my back and turning my head so I had to get vocal.  Did I want to?  No.  Never.  But I was pushed.  She quit trying and we read a couple books and I thought the morning was going more my way.  Leisurely, you know?  Then she put me in my chair.  Again with the force-feeding.  *sighs and shakes head*  The woman can be so lost at times.  She offered me my favorites.  Bananers.  Sweet potaters.  Oaties.  I took a couple spoonfuls of the oaties just to appease her.  All morning it didn't stop.  Eat eat eat eat eat. I mean, I've seen myself in the mirror here- I'm hardly wasting away.  I took my morning nap like a good kiddo ma-griddo.  Got up and there was mom again trying to get me to drink some milk.  I guess she figures that in 8 months there is no conceivable way that I could be sick and tired of milk 3 times a day?  Has she ever thought of that?  I guess not.  We went the same rounds.  All my favorites the oatmeal- I wasn't having it.  Mom started acting a little crazy- calling a bunch of people telling them I wouldn't eat.  I know she's worried my cheeks are just going to melt right off my face if I don't eat.  Gaaaawwww-lee.  After she calmed down we went to the Post Office and came home.  I played a little, jumped in my horse and then I was ready for my afternoon snoozer.  I got up about a quarter to 6. 

And ate. 
Mom and Dad are always raving about breakfast for dinner.  I wanted to try it.

1 comment:

  1. Weird! I hope it was just a fluke. I'd be worried, too, if I was your mommy. And I'm proud of you for your marathon naps.

    ReplyDelete